Everyone has their own way of remembering their special person who has died – it might be lighting a candle on their birthday, singing a special song or reading their favourite book.
Whilst you might have significant dates in the year which are important to you, you can remember your special person at any time of the year. Here are some ideas of things you could do with your family (we’ve put together activity sheets for those marked with *. The links to them are at the bottom of this page):
- have a special meal together. Make a list, do the shopping, prepare the food and then enjoy sitting down together to enjoy the results;
- light a candle or lantern;
- go for a walk. You could go to somewhere that was significant for you and your special person;
- have a family film afternoon/evening. Popcorn and drinks at the ready, choose your favourite family film and cosy up together on the sofa to watch it;
- make a collage together*;
- do some crafting – a book of memories (messages, drawings etc); a special memory box or jar*; a memory star*; a memory mobile;
- fly a kite;
- create your very own memory tree*. Use our oak tree and leaf templates to create a special tree of memories.